- Power: Two motors can easily do what one will not.
- Redundancy: If one motor fails you have another as a backup. If both motors fail you can still ride the bike home.
- Traction: What good is having extra power if you can’t deliver it to the ground? With a dual-motors driving two wheels at the same speed you are delivering twice the power to the ground. The AWD E-Bike easily travels through soft sand, mud, and snow.
- Increased Speed: The AWD electric bicycle will produce a 16% higher speed for the same amount of power that would be applied to a single motor. 28mph vs 24mph
- Efficiency: With AWD you can travel further with the same battery and power of a single wheeled powered E-Bike. And, because of the 16% increase of speed for the same wattage you can travel 16% farther with an AWD e-bike. This is truly “synergy in motion”.
- Less Trail Damage: Another consideration is that when riding on trails in the National Park system single wheel E-Bikes tear up the trails more than a AWD E-Bike of equal power because the power is split between two wheels.
- Durability: The dual motors run more than 50% cooler than a single motor under high stress.
- Better Handling: On dry pavement, AWD can help the E-Bike handle better and ensure that full power gets to the road. And in slippery conditions, such as ice, snow or mud, it provides additional traction for safer, more confident handling. The front motor also assists in pulling you through the corners.
- All season riding: With an AWD E-Bike you can ride year-round.
- Peace of mind: Regardless of where you live, it’s likely you get at least occasional bad weather. Whether it’s snow, rain or anything in between, you’ll certainly sleep better knowing you have an E-Cells Super Monarch AWD™ E-Bike when the going gets really tough.
Shop through our entire collection by clicking here!
By David Cleveland, Founder and CEO of E-Cells E-Bikes©2021